It’s no extra information that for some months, Nigerians cannot journey to Dubai straight from Nigeria. This due to the problems between Emirate Airline, the Nigerian and the UAE authorities.
In the previous couple of months, travelling to Dubai from Nigeria which was very simple has hastily grow to be a nightmare. To go on this journey, you’ll have to undergo different international locations and one of many best being Ghana and the Republic of Benin. It is because the 2 international locations are our closest neighbours.
I’ve learn a number of tales about completely different points individuals have had within the Republic of Benin and Ghana. One of many in style tales was shared by Derende right here https://www.nairaland.com/6544747/30-days-sojourn-through-cotonou
Generally this month, A shopper contacted me to assist him course of a 3 months Dubai visa and likewise to plan his itinerary to Dubai by way of Benin republic. I processed the Dubai visa, booked the flight, then we headed straight to the Republic of Benin.
To chop a protracted story brief, on his journey date, we received to Cotonou Cadjehoun Airport. The Benin Airport is much less rowdy, much less congested and searching properly maintained. That was once I received the shocks of my life. Firstly, the vast majority of the individuals going to Dubai from the Cotonou Cadjehoun Airport have been Nigerians.
As we have been driving into the automotive park, I understand the general public doing bureau de change are Nigerians. We modified some cash and headed straight to the departure.
I met a number of Nigerians on the ready space. You’ll nearly suppose it’s one other department of Murtala Muhammed Worldwide airport situated in Lagos. Then the worst occurred, as we have been heading in, we noticed 4 Nigerians popping out, at first I assumed they have been coming again. Solely to get to the queue and we have been advised they have been denied boarding. I received extra curious, on additional investigation, I later received to know that they backdated the date they received in, not understanding that The republic of Benin had modified their stamp. Unlucky for them, they backdated with the brand new stamp.
Whereas on the Airport, I additionally noticed one other Nigerian who was arrested on the airport as a result of he was making an attempt to board with a faux visa. I cannot imagine somebody would strive to do this. I believe the individual he paid gave him a faux visa. He received locked up for some days. That is actually painful.
Then the final set of Nigerians that have been rejected both have broken passports or Worldwide passport with an image that’s not clear. The final units of Nigerians that received denied have been individuals who received late to the checking level.
Listed below are the main the explanation why you could possibly get denied boarding on the Cotonou Airport.
Causes Why Individuals Have been Rejected
- Broken passport: Any passport with stains, an image that’s not clear, broken on any a part of the info web page is computerized rejection. Please keep away from any type of injury to your passport. Most people have been travelling with the identical passport in Nigeria with none subject. Somebody stated they’re doing it to frustrate Nigerians. LOL this I cant confirm but.
- Faux visa: Please all the time attempt to affirm the validity of your passport.
- Faux stamp: Please make sure you all the time stamp on the border, don’t pay touts to stamp for you.
- Backdated stamp: YOu are purported to spend 2 weeks minimal on the Cotonou Airport earlier than you’re allowed to journey.
- Expired covid 19 check: Please make sure you do your Covid 19 check on time so you will get the outcome on time.
Issues to notice when visiting Dubai by means of the Republic of Benin
1. you should spend a minimal of two weeks within the Republic of Benin
2. To be on the secure aspect, Ensure you stamp in Seme border somewhat than Idiroko border, I heard so many individuals are having points at Idiroko after they arrive in Dubai.
3. Affirm your Visa validity on-line.
4. Get to the airport not less than three hours earlier than your flight
5. Do a VIP covid 19 check. You’re going to get your outcome the identical day.
6. If you will get an agent that’s accustomed to the route that can assist you out. It can prevent a number of cash in the long term.
7. Keep in a lodge that’s not removed from the airport
8. Get accustomed to the terrain and an English talking cab driver. It can prevent a number of headache.
Please make sure you observe all Covid 19 protocols, please attempt to do the best factor as a result of as soon as you’re caught they are going to make sure you face the legislation. Have you ever had the same expertise? Please share under.