Travelling to Benin Republic From Nigeria – All You Must Know
If you’re planning to go to the Republic of Benin from Nigeria, this put up is for you. It is going to cowl all the pieces it’s essential to learn about crossing one of many busiest borders in West Africa. It is going to additionally cowl the price, the place to remain, locations to go to and many others. The Benin republic/Nigeria border is in a city referred to as Seme. The Nigeria Benin border is popularly referred to as the Seme Border.
Concerning the Republic of Benin
The Republic of Benin is likely one of the many nations that share a border with Nigeria. Different nations that share a border with Nigeria embody Chad, Cameroun and Niger Republic. Benin Republic shares a border with Nigeria at Seme in Lagos State and round Idi Iroko in Ogun. Seme is a couple of minutes drive from Badagry. The nation was previously referred to as Dahomey. It was, nevertheless, renamed Benin in 1975.
The Capital of Benin Republic is in Port Novo. Nevertheless, the preferred metropolis in Benin Republic is Cotonou. It is usually the financial capital of Benin Republic. The nation was colonized by France. It obtained its independence on August 1, 1960. The official language of the Republic of Benin is French.
The Republic of Benin is dwelling to pristine seashores, strong tradition, wildlife, and delightful vacationer sights.
Necessities For visiting Benin Republic from Nigeria
For Nigerians planning on visiting Benin Republic, the next are the necessities:
- Nigerian Passport: Nigerians visiting Benin Republic should current their Worldwide Passport on the border. The Nigerian Worldwide Passports is a doc issued by the Nigerian Immigration Service.
- The Yellow Fever Card: The second requirement is the yellow Fever card. This yellow card is proof that you’ve got obtained a dose of the yellow fever vaccine. The cardboard can also be for maintaining data of vaccines required to go to different nations. You may solely journey after ten days of getting the dose.
Additionally Learn: How to Get A Yellow Fever Card
Vaccines To Take Earlier than Visiting Benin Republic
Make sure you take these two vaccines earlier than you go to Benin republic. If you don’t, you should have points with the Port well being on the border. While you go for the yellow fever vaccine, make sure you ask them for Meningitis too. They are going to in all probability repair one other date for that. These are the 2 fundamental vaccines it’s essential to take earlier than visiting Benin Republic.
- Yellow fever vaccine: This vaccine is to guard you in opposition to yellow fever
- Meningitis Vaccines:
French is the official language. The opposite languages embody Yoruba, Fon and a Gbe languages. These are the indigenous languages of the Republic of Benin. They’re all thought-about nationwide languages.
The official forex of the Republic of Benin is Cefa, it is usually referred to as the West African CFA Franc. It comes within the following denomination.
Cash 1, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 200
Notes: 500, 1000, 2000, 5000, 10,000, 20000
Easy methods to Get To the Republic of Benin By means of Seme Border
If you’re searching for stress-free entry. You may get a direct bus to the Republic of Benin from Lagos. These are some main transport firms that go to Benin Republic Efex, ABC transport, Chisco Group Transport and many others. They are going to deal with the border protocols, the stamping and many others. They provide air-conditioned buses.
Nevertheless, if you’re on a low finances or an adventurer like me, you possibly can determine to do the stamping by yourself.
From Ikeja board a bus to Egbeda – 200 to 300 Naira
At Egbeda board one other bus to Iyana Iba – 300 Naira
From Iyana Iba board a bus or automotive to Badagry – 500 to 700 Naira
When you get to Badagry, get a bus going to Seme. Inform the motive force you’ll cease on the border. Please notice they might scare you that stamping is tough, don’t thoughts them. Simply ignore and inform them to cease you on the border.
On the border, simply stroll straight into the complicated. Ask for the place to stamp, and do it your self.
When you stamp your passport, you’ll undergo one other set of routine checks by Port Well being who will ask in your yellow fever card.
Then one other routine verify by the NDLEA and customs.
Relying on the place you might be coming from, if you’re coming from the mainland round Ikeja and environs, you possibly can undergo Egbada, Iyana Iba axis. If you’re coming from Oshodi, you will have to undergo Mile
Crossing to the Seme Border
On the park, the motive force could attempt to cost you to cross the border, simply inform them to cease you on the border you’ll deal with the border protocols your self.
As soon as you might be approaching the border’s small gate, flash your Passport, it will grant you entry into the premises and typically chances are you’ll get questioned by the Immigration officers on responsibility. You may transfer to the purpose the place you possibly can stamp your passport.
To stamp your passport, you’ll be requested pay some cash. Effectively this shouldn’t be the case however it’s what it’s.
For virgin passports, you’ll pay 1,000 or extra relying in your negotiation energy and for already stamped passports, you’ll pay 500 Naira.
As soon as your passports have been stamped,
You’ll undergo the Port well being who will ask in your yellow fever card, then the customs who can even attempt to verify your baggage, then the NDLEA who can even verify for medicine and different forbidden substances,
As soon as you might be clear, you’ll transfer to the Benin aspect the place you’ll undergo one other verify.
Ideas While you get to Benin
- Perceive the Nation: The very first thing you need to do is to know the nation, their forex, trade charges and many others. You must also know some fundamental legal guidelines of the nation. Additionally, you need to familiarise your self with among the beliefs and tradition.
- Change your cash from naira to Cefa: The very first thing you need to do is to vary from Naira to Cefa. Please don’t depend on your ATM card. It might not work there resulting from CBN restrictions.
- Hold Your Transport Fare: As a rule, guarantee you’ve gotten the transport that may take you from the border to your own home saved individually. That is to keep away from spending your transport fare whenever you journey.
Please preserve your transport fare separate out of your different cash.
- Get a SIM card: Nigerian networks don’t work over there until you roam them. Nevertheless, the community firm will excessively whenever you make and obtain calls. Due to this fact chances are you’ll must get a Benin SIM card. I’ll counsel both MTN or Airtel. When you get that, you might load it up and activate web connections, it will prevent a variety of stress.
- Get a Common Adapter: they use a unique type of socket totally different from those we now have right here. You must get a common adapter that may let you plug in your system. This is essential, it could be tough getting one when you step out of the border.
- Get an English talking driver: Search for an English talking driver to take you to your vacation spot. This can provide help to with the language barrier. If you will take one other bus after attending to your vacation spot, you may additionally inform the motive force that will help you out.
- Be taught fundamental Vocabulary: It is best to be taught fundamental vocabulary like bonjour(good morning), Bonsoir (good night), Anglais (English). And so forth
Issues to Do at Benin Republic
- Benefit from the Avenue Meals: The very first thing you’ll discover whenever you go to Benin is the presence of avenue meals distributors all over the place. Avenue meals is well-liked right here. Get adventurous and have a style of the road meals.
- Go to the Python Temple: The temple of the pythons has turn into one of many main vacationer sights in Benin Republic.
- The Slave Route: That is the journey to the unique slave route in Benin. You additionally get to see the door of no return. It’s the place the place slaves are shipped to Europe and different unknown locations, by no means to return once more.
- Go to the Nationwide Park: Benin Republic has a wealthy nature and wildlife expertise. A go to to the Nationwide parks will blow your thoughts.
- Attend a Pageant: The nation has a wealthy cultural heritage, you need to attend one in all its cultural festivals.
- Go to the Seashore: Benin Republic is a coastal nation with totally different seashores. Benefit from the blue skies, the pristine seaside sand and the beauties of its stunning seashores.
The Value of Visiting Benin Republic
Transport to Badagry Between 1,000 to 2,000 (relies on the place you keep in Lagos)
From Badagry to Seme 500 to 1,500 (Depends upon whether or not you employ a bus, automotive or bike)
Crossing on the Border (between 1,000 and a pair of,500) relies on your negotiation energy and if you’re utilizing a virgin passport or an already stamped one
From Seme to Cotonou (1500 to 2,500)
Whole – Between 4,500 and seven,000
Accommodations In Benin Republic
Accommodations are reasonably priced in Benin Republic, the price of a typical lodge in Benin varies from 6,000 Naira per night time to fifteen,000. Although there are costlier ones between 20,000 to 150,000 per night time.
Accommodations in Benin Republic
- Le Jardin Secret
- Diaspora Auberge
- Resort Dk
- Auberge de Grand Popo
- Resort La Casa Cielo
- Resort de la Diaspora
Vacationer Points of interest in Benin Republic
- There are such a lot of vacationer sights in Benin Republic
- Zinsou Basis Museum
- Pythons Temple
- Slave Street
- Bab’s Dock
- Grand Popo
- Fidjirosse Seashore
- The Cotonou Littoral Monument
Variations Between Nigeria and Benin republic
Roads: Benin republic has much better roads than Nigeria can ever think about. All the key freeway are tarred. All through my keep, I didn’t encounter a single pothole within the locations I visited. This isn’t an exaggeration, all the key highways are tarred.
Facilities: They’ve fundamental facilities like good roads, avenue mild, water and many others.
Improvement: When it comes to improvement, Nigeria is way extra developed than the Republic of Benin. It’s uncommon to see a brand new main development across the metropolis.
Knowledge: Web Knowledge is fairly costly right here within the Republic of Benin in comparison with Nigeria.
Street indicators: There are street indicators on each avenue, each freeway.
Driving: Driving right here is just too sane that I used to be virtually freaking out. LOL.
Automobiles: There are extra unique vehicles in Nigeria than within the Republic of Benin. I hardly see the newest vehicles round.
Transportation: A lot of the residents personal bikes, bikes are one of many well-liked technique of transportation on this nation. It is usually quite common to see ladies driving bikes.